Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome to BikerBlogger!

I am Jeff, and this is my new bike blog.  For the few (none) of you who have been following JDFreedom, and enjoying my perspective on all things cycling in the Des Moines area...it's time to update your RSS feeds!  This is your new source for cycling commentary in the metro.  I realize the picture above does not create an accurate depiction of the cycle-friendly community this city has created, but I don't have any other pics of myself with a helmet on my head.  

A commitment was made during Bike Month (see JDFreedom posts on the subject) to continue my cycle-commuting initiative beyond a few short weeks in May.  I only live three miles from work, and there is no excuse for me to drive a car every day.  With a few exceptions, I have kept up my end.  

The old Rockhopper has once again donned the slick tires, and has served me well this late spring.  The last two weeks have been spent gathering tools and knowledge (thank you Rasmussen Bike Shop and Sheldon Brown) in order to replace its bottom bracket.  This will be my first solo cycle repair endeavor, and I shall blog it!  Be there for all of the blood, sweat, and gears at BikerBloggerDSM.  Until then...I'll see you on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment